Full-Time Welding Instructor
• Teach Welding Technology classes in Pratt, Kansas. (May be asked to assist at other locations.)
• Willingness to accept a course schedule that may vary from semester to semester.
• Advise current and prospective students in appropriate curricula.
• Assist in selecting textbooks, developing curricula, completing reports, and tracking and entering assessment data.
• Plan and implement appropriate activities to supplement instruction.
• Provide assessment and evaluation of student performance.
• Provide adequate laboratory supervision whenever students are working.
• Plan, revise, and update curricula, as well as grade and assess student learning.
• Maintain skills in teaching methods and course development as recommended by Pratt Community College.
• Maintain an inventory of equipment.
• Maintain and repair lab equipment while keeping shop in professional working appearance.
• Participate, as possible and appropriate, in faculty development activities at the college and with state and regional organizations.
• Maintain, plan, and schedule advisory committee meetings.
• Maintain records and files as requested by the department and/or Vice President of Instruction.
• Assist with and maintain National Accreditation, American Welding Society (AWS), and any other professional certification.
• Arrive on time for work, attend work regularly, and successfully complete the responsibilities of the position.
• Comply with Pratt Community College policies, procedures, and practices.
• Promote Pratt Community College.
• Work closely with faculty within the Technical department.
• Work closely with personnel in admissions and student services.
• Work closely with high schools in our service area.
• A.A.S. or higher degree in Welding preferred.
• 2 years (minimum) industry experience required.
• American Welding Society (AWS) certified welder (CW) Certified Welding Educator (CWE) credential(s) preferred; must be willing to work toward both credentials. Ability and interest in teaching required.
• Teaching experience preferred.
• Ability to work cooperatively with college and high school instructors
• Ability and willingness to teach via alternative delivery systems including online and/or other distance education modes
• Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with staff, students, faculty, and other Pratt Community College stakeholders
• Ability to plan, revise, and update curricula
• Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, racial, socioeconomic, gender and disabilities populations
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in a student-centered environment
• Physical requirements include excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills; the ability to understand words and respond effectively and appropriately; visual acuity to view a computer terminal.
• The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions about the position and its responsibilities is essential.
o The qualifications listed are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties.
• Classroom and welding shop environments. Frequent travel within service area.
SALARY and STATUS:
The salary is commensurate with qualifications as determined by the Master Agreement Salary Schedule. This full-time faculty position is 9-month annual, due process rights eligible, benefit eligible, and exempt.
How to ApplyFor full consideration, apply online at www.prattcc.edu send completed PCC employment application, resume, and copies of transcripts to Personnel Director, Pratt Community College, 348 NE S.R. 61, Pratt, KS 67124. 620-450-2139. AA/EOE Transcripts – The hired candidate will be required to submit official, non-issued to student, transcripts. Start date: ASAP PRATT COMMUNITY COLLEGE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age or veteran status in its programs and activities. Complete notice can be found at: http://prattcc.edu/notice Pratt Community College reserves the right to revise or change job responsibilities as the need occurs. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment; rather, it is a clarification of the responsibilities of the position. This position description may be changed at any time by the Pratt Community College administration.
242 total views, 3 today