Full-Time Member Services and Key Accounts Manager I
Wheatland Electric is looking for a person who has a positive customer-centric attitude to fill the Member Services and Key Accounts Manager I position. This is a full-time position. We offer competitive wages and excellent benefits. The job description follows.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To represent the Cooperative in the promotion of Cooperative services and programs to members and employees.
a) Develop and maintain interactive working relationships with allied organizations, government officials and agencies, and other influential individuals and organizations to broaden the Cooperative’s public relations base.
b) Make personal contacts with members to promote loyalty to the Cooperative.
c) Assist in the establishment of a communications and media program by creating a network with all newspapers, radio stations and television stations in the Cooperative service area. Coordinate media interest in the Cooperative and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
d) Serve as a liaison with the communities served by the Cooperative. Represent the Cooperative in the communities throughout the service area by participating in civic and related organizations to improve the Cooperative’s image in the community and utility industry.
e) Develop and maintain key account relationships through a systematic key accounts program.
1. Develops and maintains database of commercial members to be considered key accounts, with all appropriate contact information.
2. Serves as initial point of contact for key account members to answer questions and resolve issues on rates, billing, metering, power quality and service reliability, facility expansion or modification, and internal operations.
3. Coordinates with other departments and employees to obtain information requested by or useful to key account members.
4. Educates members on conservation and energy efficiency programs and initiatives, recommending ways to save energy and more effective uses of electricity, through one-on-one communications, presentations in small to large audience settings and in public forums, websites, and community events
5. Initiates and supports various communication methods such as periodic newsletters, email, social media platforms, web pages, videos, and direct mailings
6. Stays current on advances in technology; governmental regulations; and corporate policy and procedures that will aid in providing solutions to key accounts
7. Forms partnerships and business relationships to maintain awareness of industry trends and activities that can help meet members’ needs
f) Direct and/or coordinate, and attend, promotional appearances at area meetings, fairs, trade/home shows, and Cooperative member meetings and events.
g) Assist in management of content for the Cooperative’s website, employee intranet, social media accounts, and other member communications.
h) Research and draft articles for monthly periodicals and newsletters.
i) Develop, organize, research and prepare educational programs and presentations and speak to groups alone or with other employees.
j) Consults with and directs other employees in the development of projects and programs to ensure events and activities are appropriately staffed and professional member services are provided.
k) Read and research current issues facing electric cooperatives and their impact on the Cooperative, its members and its communities.
l) Develop and advise Manager of Member Services and Corporate Communications of methods and opportunities to enhance the Cooperative and departmental goals.
m) Participates in safety meetings and training programs as required.
n) Be able to travel to different locations within, and outside of, the Cooperative for training, meetings, and conferences.
MINIMUM JOB SPECIFICATIONS
• EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: An Associate degree in Business or related field, plus a minimum of 4 years of customer service, sales or public relations experience; or, a Bachelor degree in Business or related field, plus a minimum of 2 years of customer service, sales or public relations experience; or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge. Experience within the electric industry reporting on major issues including rates, power supply, distribution, regulation and transmission is preferred.
• SKILLS AND ABILITIES
a) Ten Key Skills – Fine finger dexterity and the ability to use a ten-key calculator and a ten-key pad on a computer keyboard quickly and accurately.
b) Typing Skills – Fine finger dexterity and the ability to type quickly and accurately to create correspondence and step-by-step instructions.
c) Computer Skills – The ability to use a computer and its corresponding accessories including a mouse, keyboard and monitor. This also includes the ability to learn new software as needed.
d) Microsoft Office Suite – Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
e) Adobe Acrobat – Ability to use Adobe Acrobat to scan documents into PDF form. Also, the ability to use Adobe Acrobat to modify or create documents.
f) Communication – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience. This includes using proper grammar and punctuation. The ability to verbally convey information to others in a way they can understand. This includes the ability to tailor your communication style to a wide variety of individuals inside and outside of the Cooperative. The ability to listen and interpret what individuals are asking/telling you.
g) Member Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional member service. Ability to resolve complex and sensitive member service problems while remaining calm and professional during member contacts that can be high stress and verbally abusive.
h) Public Relations Concepts – Specific knowledge of public relations concepts and communications methods.
i) Confidentiality – The ability to maintain confidential Cooperative and member information.
j) Research Skills – The ability to research laws, member engagement, and member accounts using a wide variety of sources including (but not limited to) the internet, survey programs, and the Cooperative’s integrated software system.
k) Interpretation of Regulations – The ability to interpret electric rate tariffs and sales tax regulations to the Cooperative and members.
l) Interpretation of Contractual Language – The ability to read and interpret Cooperative contracts including (but not limited to) Electric Service Agreements (ESAs) and Franchise Agreements.
m) Data Analysis – The ability to take raw data and inspect it, clean it, and transform it into useful information.
n) Self-Development – The ability to independently search out learning opportunities to expand and update member service knowledge.
o) Decisiveness – The ability to evaluate a posed question or problem and make competent decisions within a reasonable amount of time.
p) Low Supervision – Requires the mental capability to perform job responsibilities with little or no supervision.
q) Problem Solving Skills – The process of working through details of a problem to reach a solution. Problem solving may include mathematical or systematic operations.
r) Organization – The ability to keep files, schedules and projects organized.
s) Detail Oriented – The ability to pay attention to details.
t) Time Management – Managing one’s own time.
u) Mathematics – Using mathematics to solve problems.
v) Ability to pass pre-employment drug test. Also have the ability to pass ongoing random drug and alcohol testing.
w) Ability to pass a background check.
a) Camera Usage – Working knowledge of still and video camera usage.
b) Skype – The ability to communicate via instant messaging using Skype.
c) Publication Production and Graphic Design Software – Proficient in the use of various computer programs for publication production and graphic presentations to include, but not limited to, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and web building programs.
d) Snag-It – The ability to use the Snag-It program to take screen shots for use in presentation materials.
e) Cooperative Knowledge – Knowledge of the Cooperative’s philosophy and objectives.
• WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Manager of Member Services and Corporate Communications. Works with employees, members, vendors, media, civic and government entities, and school groups.
• WORK ENVIRONMENT: Works both inside and outside. Inside time will be spent in an office environment of sedentary work, with normal temperatures and normal conversation noise levels. Outside environment includes extreme temperatures (35 to 110 degrees F), in ice, snow, rain, sun, high humidity, dust, dirt. etc.
• PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The position will require long periods of sitting, repetitive motion, and prolonged viewing and use of computer, monitor, keyboard, and mouse. It will also require some talking, listening, standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, walking, reaching, pushing, pulling, driving and/or traveling, and lifting up to 25 lbs. Ability to spend 75% of daily time utilizing a computer and keyboard and 25% of time driving to various Cooperative locations or community events.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED: The position will require the knowledge and use of a desktop computer, cell phone, iPad, camera, and visual media equipment such as projectors, projector screens, and HDMI connecting cords for use with large television screens. It will also require the use of office equipment, such as calculators, scanners, copiers, printers, network telephone systems, binding machines, and mail machines.
POSITION TYPE: This position is full-time and expected to be available during, and periodically, outside of, normal business hours (to include Holidays, evenings, and weekends) required with or without notice.
TRAVEL: The position requires the Member Services and Key Accounts Manager I to travel to various Cooperative locations and territories regularly throughout the year. Some traveling will also be required to attend training. Some overnight travel will be required.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES: Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned or added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
Wheatland is E.O.E.
How to ApplyIf interested and qualified for this position, email cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Please put position in subject line. This position is open until filled.
278 total views, 10 today