SIGN ON BONUS!!! SIGN ON BONUS!!! SIGN ON BONUS!!! SIGN ON BONUS!!!
Do you still have the passion for the healthcare field but maybe Covid or changes over the last couple of years have tested your desire/ability to work in traditional healthcare settings? We need you, your knowledge & that passion for a position with WSU Tech!
We know how valuable all those years of experience are to others in your field & the healthcare community as a whole. Have you thought about teaching those wanting to get into the healthcare? We want you to think about a change of pace in your career with a better balance of work-life balance built into it. Please consider this opportunity for your future!
Quick Glance of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keeps students informed and updated concerning course content, requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements.
Maintains accurate and complete scholastic records, including but not limited to course messaging in the LMS, grades, census rosters and attendance records.
- Evaluates students to measure their progress toward the achievement of course outcomes/competencies.
- Posts and maintains office hours for student consultation (combined with classroom instruction, minimum 35 contact hours per week on campus or location authorized by the Dean).
- Manages and supervises students in all assigned classroom and laboratory activities to ensure a safe and effective learning environment.
Teaching and Instruction
- Maintains industry credentials as appropriate to the teaching area.
Develops, revises, and/or recommends curriculum and changes, as needed, which meet the objectives of the course/program and improve student learning.
- Ensures that each program/class meets the WSU Tech Course Standard, includes all appropriate curricular components, utilizes effective teaching methods/practices (pedagogy) and reflects current field practices.
- Teaches all classes according to an approved course syllabus, ensuring that assigned classes are held as scheduled. Holds the final exam at the time scheduled unless permission to deviate has been approved by appropriate program leadership
- Teaches and maintains an effective learning environment regardless of instructional modality (online, hybrid, or face to face).
Programmatic and Institutional Engagement
- Fully participates in, utilizes and submits when due program review information, assessment data, and course/college evaluations.
- Develops, and maintains a positive relationship with program Industry Advocate Teams (IAT) members. Recruits new members to serve on IAT committees.
- Engages with the appropriate staff members (Success Coaches, Disability services etc.) to assist with student success.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Associates degree required, BSN, is preferred.
- Has and maintains a current Kansas RN license, required.
- Minimum two years current clinical experience, one of which must be equivalent to one year full-time in a licensed long term care facility.
- Current American Heart Association or RedCross CPR certification and maintained, required
- Yearly TB test and other immunizations or physical examinations as required by clinical sites, obtained at own expense
- Previous teaching or training experience in adult education preferred, with pre-planning course work.
- Excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills – must be able to work with students, technical and administrative personnel in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills where you can work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to quickly learn & use personal computer and various software programs utilized daily in a teaching environment, strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Comfortable with course delivery method being hybrid as needed.
Pay Rate: $52,000 (Sign on BONUS of $5,000 delivered in 4 increments)
Schedule: M-F, 8a-5p typical (some weekends arranged with advanced notice); South Campus
WSU Tech is committed to inclusive and equitable practices to create an environment and culture where students and employees thrive. We acknowledge that through valuing diverse identities, experiences, talents and gifts, we excel by fulfilling our mission to create a talent pipeline, establish workforce equity, and improve economic prosperity for our community. WSU Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is NOT a remote position.
Labeled as: Healthcare, nursing