Join a dynamic team providing for the nutrition of Great Bend students!
This is a full-time position as a Central Kitchen custodian. The daily schedule for this position is 8am – 4pm, Monday – Friday.
Competitive pay and benefits are available.
Primary duties include:
- Maintain the cleanliness of the central kitchen building.
- Monitor the central kitchen environment, including temperature, ventilation, and building safety.
- Monitor operation of refrigerators and freezers.
- Receive food/freight deliveries.
Sort, stock, and move food products as needed for meal preparation.
- Drive as needed for special deliveries of extra food, recycling deliveries, and others as needed.
- Cooperate with staff and students.
- Carry out preventive maintenance as directed.
- Handle minor repairs within the resources of the custodian.
- Maintain records of fire drills, fire extinguisher checks, and other relevant documents, as requested.
- Perform other related duties as required for the daily operation of the Central Kitchen.
- Requires prolonged standing and walking.
Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, or push heavy objects weighing in excess of fifty (50) pounds.
- Requires driving skills and physical ability to drive a truck.
- Physical exertion including bending, twisting, and turning.
- Requires physical ability to wet mop, dust mop, vacuum, dust, snow shovel, and other related custodial tasks.
Apply online at www.greatbendschools.net
Applications will be taken until the position is filled.
USD 428 is an Equal Opportunity Employer