Processing and shipment of materials, load and unload trucks, trailers, customer’s vehicles, and assist Production Manager with operations as assigned.
• Ability to regularly stand, kneel, stoop, squat, walk, talk, and hear
• Ability to frequently reach with hands and arm.
• Ability to frequently use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, manipulate tools or controls, or grasp
• Pass and maintain KCC/DOT physical requirements
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
• Ability to occasionally life and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Ability to occasionally push or pull carts of 75-100 pounds
• Present a positive and productive image to individuals served, all business contacts during performance of job duties, general public, and peers
• Drive SDS trucks when assigned
• Safely operate vehicles, powered forklifts, and tools as trained
• Assure trucks and equipment are maintained in a safe, operable, and acceptable condition.
o Notify supervisor of maintenance needs promptly
o Maintain forklifts and misc. equipment: correctly load and unload materials, grease and maintain equipment
o Identify and provide necessary maintenance, upgrades, and modifications as assigned
• Assure materials are processed correctly and to buyer specifications
o Sort materials prior to and during processing
o Set up and tear down areas as assigned
o Movement of materials with pallet jack or forklift
• Transport materials to buyer or processing center as assigned
o Load materials into trucks or trailers
o Drive SDS trucks when assigned
• Assure OSHA and SDS requirements for worker safety, facilities, equipment procedures (including Lockout/Tagout) are implemented and adhered to
• Assure all equipment and agency property is shut down and secured at the end of each business day
• Conduct routine safety/fire inspections for equipment and materials
• Safely operate a powered fork lift
• Maintain cleanliness of work areas and yard
o Pick up materials from work areas and sweep floors
o Pick up materials on yard
o Assure all items are place back into processing and that trash is prepared for pick up.
• Follow assigned work schedule, attending meetings and training as required. Schedules typically will reflect day hours Monday – Friday, with occasional Saturday hours. Hours may vary based on need and employee is expected to remain flexible and cooperative.
• Complete and compile operational records, reports and provide information to supervisors and peer as required
• Follow all SDS policies and procedures associated with employment
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
or stop by 5611 10th St, 8823 4th St, or The UPS Store to pick up an application