Smoky Hill Education Service Center is seeking candidates for the position of Teacher Assistant for its education program at St. Francis Community Services.
This person will be responsible for assisting the classroom teacher with education duties at the school. The successful candidate will be motivated, hardworking, proficient using technology as communication and recordkeeping tools, and able to function in a dynamic environment while working on various projects simultaneously.
Position Responsibilities Include:
• Assisting the classroom teacher with instruction and classroom management.
• Working with students from diverse backgrounds and with a variety of abilities.
• Providing general support and assistance during classroom activities.
• Performing other duties as assigned by the school’s leadership team.
• Proficiency in the use and operation of technology as an educational and communication
• Ability to work both independently and effectively as a member of a team.
• Ability to maintain positive working relationships with staff members and students.
• Strong aptitude for learning new skills and implementing new educational practices.
• Effective organization and time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills.
• Production of accurate work with attention to detail within time constraints.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
Ultimately, a successful teacher assistant would assist in the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of the classroom.
Smoky Hill ESC is an EEO employer.
To be considered for this position visit www.smokyhill.org, and apply by clicking on the employment application link. The link can be found under the About Us/Employment Opportunities section of the website.
Labeled as: para, paraprofessional