Website Pratt Community College
General Description and Purpose:
Responsible for secretarial, clerical, and reception duties for the PCC nursing faculty at the Winfield campus, visiting faculty and Director of Nursing.
1. Coordinate room scheduling for PCC nursing classes, faculty and team meetings, and advisory board.
2. Daily check of instructional equipment at Winfield site. Arrange for technical support when necessary.
3. Coordinate preparations for the Winfield campus annual Advisory Board meeting.
4. Assist with the October Job Fair at Cowley Community College.
5. Plan monthly activities for nursing students at the Winfield campus.
6. Coordinate the Nursing Week Activities and the P-KANS Activities on the Winfield campus.
7. Maintain inventory list of equipment and resources, with updated copy to on-campus clerical staff by May 20 each year.
8. E-mail/mail prospective student packets as requested and provide prospective student name, address, phone number and e-mail to Pratt campus nurse recruiters.
9. Assist with recruiting for and/or marketing nursing program.
10. Administer nursing admission test, Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS), at least twice per month, as needed.
11. Proctor PCC on-line LPN to RN student testing as needed.
12. Utilize optical scanning equipment for scoring of exams and evaluations.
13. Process purchase orders, travel requests, etc.
14. Keep office and public areas orderly.
15. Assist Pratt campus secretaries with reports, evaluations, etc. as needed.
16. Other duties as assigned.
Coordination and Accountability Tasks:
Accountable to VP of Finance and Operations for use of funds designated for activities for the nursing students at the Winfield campus.
Supervises the Following Staff:
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics:
1. Excellent computer skills including Word and Excel.
2. Ability to maintain filing system.
3. Have working knowledge of telephone system.
4. Have working knowledge of the college networking system.
5. Positive attitude.
6. Excellent communication skills.
7. Excellent organizational skills.
Minimum of two years experience in clerical/secretarial or other related duties required.
1. High school diploma or its equivalent preferred.
2. Formal secretarial training preferred.
Certifications and/or Licensure:
Sitting, standing, minimal lifting/moving.
Excellent Benefit Package: Employer paid Health and Dental Insurance plus vacation, sick leave, personal days, tuition remission to include family, etc. Send completed employment application, resume and transcripts to Personnel Director, Pratt Community College, 348 NE S.R. 61, Pratt, KS 67124. 620-450-2139. Visit our web site www.prattcc.edu to apply online or download application. AA/EOE
To apply for this job please visit www.prattcc.edu.