SUMMARY DESCRIPTION – Provide recruitment services for area employers including job order placement, applicant screening, job matching and job fair coordination. Provide career guidance to Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) participants, including but not limited to: service plan development and implementation; service referrals and tracking; testing and administration of assessments; data entry; job placement assistance; follow-up and retention services; maintaining client files.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide recruitment services for area employers including job order placement, applicant screening, job matching and job fair coordination. .
- Recruits, interviews, screens, determine eligibility, stabilizes, enrolls, and orients program participants.
- Networks and maintains contact with area employers, Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development organizations, representatives of workforce system providers and social service organizations.
- Work with workforce system partners to leverage additional funding and services for participants.
- Determines participants’ job readiness, training, placement and support services needs.
- Provides participants with support services and/or makes referrals to other community agencies to resolve barriers to employment.
- Provides appropriate labor market information on occupations in demand and opportunities in the local area to develop career/employment action plans.
- Develops work experience, on-the-job training and/or intern opportunities for participants.
- Maintains regular contact with participants, training providers and employers to obtain feedback on performance, resolve problems, assist with retention and provide additional training as needed.
- Provides individual and group job search preparation and training to clarify and develop the habits and attitudes needed to be successful in the workplace.
- Maintains complete and accurate participant files.
- Collects and compiles statistics/information required for various reports.
- Works as part of team to ensure system goals are successfully met.
- Performs other duties as necessary and assigned
PREFERRED SKILL REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Experience managing, working in or providing oversight of Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA),employment and training services, programs or system activities
2. Knowledge of WIOA and related regulations
3. Proficient in Microsoft Office programs—Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
4. Strong Written and Verbal Skills
5. Project Management Experience
6. Data Compilation and Reporting Experience
Labeled as: Jobs, Workforce