Website Great Bend Industries
Custom hydraulic cylinder manufacturer for OEM application.
This individual is a key member of the Great Bend Industries team with responsibility for improvement, compliance, and maintenance of Great Bend Industries’ quality system and manufacturing platform.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Maintain ISO 9001 certified quality system for the design and manufacture of hydraulic cylinders by supporting ongoing quality system maintenance and improvement.
Ensure appropriate auditing of the company’s materials, products, processes and services per ISO 9001 requirements.
Drive Continuous Improvement by identifying systemic issues in the organization, identifying corrective actions and driving six sigma projects to improve performance metrics.
Identify and coordinate quality deliverables, processes, and tests results against specifications and goals for new product development.
Direct and coordinates the overall quality specification, standards, inspection and testing procedures for raw materials, for processes and for finished goods.
Reviews and respond to potential customers issues to determine where emphasis should be placed at the plant to eliminate problems. Conduct root cause analysis and drive issues to resolution.
Contact and/or visits customers and suppliers when necessary to resolve issues. Oversee subcontractor’s quality assurance program and assist vendors in establishing inspection standard to meet the company’s requirements.
Investigates manufacturing operations to determine areas for process improvements. Recommends process changes where justifiable by cost studies. Goal: To manufacture products by the most favorable method.
§ Review methods for manufacture during design of new products. Recommends design modifications to permit manufacture by the most favorable method.
Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards
§ Develops and implement layouts for plant and equipment to accommodate changing needs of operations.
§ Handle special assignments associated with production, planning, and quoting/launching new products.
§ Resolve ergonomic issues in production and takes all appropriate countermeasures to protect personnel & property.
§ Maintain professionalism consistent with company’s policies.
Performs all work in a safety conscious manner. Be aware of dangers and take all appropriate counter measures to protect yourself and others around you.
Responsible to maintain a clean and safe work area consistent with the Company’s housekeeping policies.
§ Coordinates with Safety Committee to Committee to perform and review Near Miss reports, Safety Concerns, Safety Audits and initiating corrective actions.
§ Other duties as assigned.
· Supervises Manufacturing Engineering, Maintenance, and Quality Department Employees
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· A BS Degree preferred in Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering or related technology.
· Require a comprehensive knowledge of engineering principles, methods, and various processes, tools and related manufacturing equipment and quality production methods.
· Prefer Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, or related/equivalent manufacturing arena (grinding, turning, cutting, milling, NC/CNC machinery and programming languages), and CAD/CAM.
· Personal computer experience with emphasis on usage on Microsoft Office Suite, and ERP/MRP applications.
· Strong working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma tools and methodology preferred.
· Strong analytic and communication skills.
· Ability to lead/facilitate problem solving and cross functional teams.
· Ability to work across organizational lines and to interact with others.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, blueprints, correspondence and memos in English. Ability to write English correspondence. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and small group situations to management and company employees. .
· Requires abilities to use basic and advanced math to complete budgeting, statistics, and blueprint calculations.
· Problem solving ability through the use of disciplined processes. Preventative actions based upon data used to determine potential problems and then using decision analysis reasoning to determine actions to reduce potential of occurrence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
· The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. The employee is required to wear appropriate protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety footwear, and hearing protection when in manufacturing areas.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com