This position will work closely with the Chief Science Advisor and will be responsible for planning and execution on all matters pertaining to chemical product innovation and development activities. Additionally, you will handle the optimization of the existing product line, technical support to business development and key customers, technical support to manufacturing and quality assurance, and developing and safeguarding the companys intellectual property portfolio on chemical products.
Research and Development:
- Directs and executes development of chemical products to meet companys offering portfolio needs, this includes:
- ~Chemical product design (formulation)
~Preparation and evaluation of product prototypes
~Experimental design for prototype development
~Method development for cleaner & disinfectant product evaluation
~Preparation of reports related to product design and development
- Responsible for competitive product evaluation, including chemical analysis, performance evaluation both in the laboratory and in the field when necessary.
- Oversight and execution of portfolio optimization strategies, including cost optimization of formulations, ingredient replacement due to evolving regulatory needs, supply chain disruptions, etc.
- Develop and maintain best practices and standard operating documentation for formulation, analytical and performance evaluation laboratory activities.
- Support Manufacturing & Quality Assurance as needed with troubleshooting or advice on best practices.
- Support the Commercial Team and as needed in response to competitive threats, responses, as well as for solidifying relationships with key accounts or key opinion leaders.
- Advise on the scientific merit of new technology or competitive products.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- 2-4 years experience in a chemical industrial or science environment preferred.
- Ability to communicate scientific concepts to lay and professional persons accordingly.
- Collaborative and able to work with cross-functional teams.
Strong analytical and decision-making skills.