Website Farmers Bank and Trust
Job Purpose: The Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Officer is responsible for developing, implementing and administering all aspects of the Bank’s Community Reinvestment Act program. This position establishes, participates and maintains relationships with community-based, charitable, and non-profit organizations with the help of the CRA Assistant. The CRA Officer develops and implements programs to ensure the Bank meets the needs of the community and attains CRA compliance goals. The CRA Officer will supervise the duties performed by the CRA Assistant regarding donations and services to ensure bank objectives are maintained. Works under direct supervision of the Director of Risk Management & Compliance.
Essential Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Research, analyze and interpret all applicable CRA regulations and statues and implement changes to and/or enhance existing policies and procedures.
2. Completion and submission of the Bank’s CRA Strategic Plan.
3. Periodic review of the Bank’s assessment area with assistance of CRA software.
4. Ensure compliance with the CRA data collection, reporting, and disclosure requirements.
5. Maintain relevant CRA reports, policies and files, including CRA Public Files.
6. Track and report CRA performance to the CRA Committee.
7. Assists HR with the assignment of CRA training to employees, management and Board using the Bank’s Compliance Training Software.
8. Will organize and hold quarterly meetings with the CRA Committee to communicate program status and updates.
9. Review results of data analysis to determine the appropriateness of existing products and services, and recommend changes to management where necessary.
10. Responsible for handling complaint(s) that impact the Bank’s CRA performance and assist in issuing a response to the complaint.
11. Serve as the Bank’s principle liaison with external CRA compliance auditors, examiners and regulators.
12. Performs scheduled regulatory compliance audits and internal audits under the direction of the Director of Risk Management.
13. Stays abreast of changes to Federal and State banking laws and regulations.
14. Researches compliance-related information and responds to questions timely.
15. Coordinates HMDA loan data entries with Credit Administration / Mortgage Dept. for accurate quarterly filing and annually HMDA LAR submission.
16. Reviews banking policies and procedures and makes recommendations for change, as needed.
17. Backup for marketing reviews to ensure regulatory compliance.
18. Provides suggestions and updates to related department procedures as it relates to regulatory compliance issues.
19. Responsible for ensuring corrective action is appropriately completed when issues arise.
20. Assists the Director of Risk Management in the day-to-day oversight of compliance and risk management efforts.
21. Follows regulatory requirements by protecting information for privacy and confidentiality; displaying discretion in discussing customer information; obtaining proper information, and following bank policies and regulations.
22. Represents the bank in the local community through active participation in community organizations. Representation should not affect job performance initiatives.
Qualifications and Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, competency, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field; or min. 4 years banking or related experience.
2. Ability to have a thorough knowledge and understanding of multiple banking regulations.
3. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
4. Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
5. Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities with strong detail orientation.
6. Ability to communicate verbally in one-on-one and small group situations with management and co-workers including the ability to speak clearly, effectively, and professionally in positive or negative situations; listens to others without interrupting and gets clarification; and responds well to questions; ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
7. Ability to interact in a positive and professional manner and to develop and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers, employees and management; the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance; and ability to meet commitments.
8. Strong attention to detail and focus on quality and accuracy.
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy of customer information.
10. Ability to make good decisions, including exhibiting sound and accurate judgment; supporting and explaining reasoning for decisions; including the appropriate people in decision-making process; making timely decisions; and identifying when issues should be referred to the appropriate supervisor.
11. Ability to take initiative, including asking for and offering help when needed.
12. Ability to manage multiple priorities; prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; and work within deadlines.
13. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is usually a well-lit, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org