Ellis County Emergency Medical Service is hiring full-time professional EMTs, AEMTs and Paramedics who have a passion for pre-hospital patient care. When you join our dynamic team of EMS professionals, you’ll receive great benefits, and ongoing training and support to develop your skills and care for the community.
Under the general supervision of the Paramedic/Shift Supervisor, the EMTs and AEMTs perform general duties of emergency medical and ambulance service. Work follows prescribed policies and procedures and is supervised by a superior officer. In addition, Paramedics perform specialized medical treatment and administer drugs and may supervise subordinate personnel in the absence of a shift supervisor. Essential job functions vary by Certification Level.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of emergency medical care and ambulance procedures.
- Knowledge of city and county geography.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Ability to analyze field situations and determine appropriate action.
- Ability to drive an ambulance, operate a two-way radio, splinting equipment, Life Pak, and other related equipment.
- Up to a $3000.00 Sign-On Bonus
- $2000.00 Relocation Stipend
- Holiday Pay, Longevity Pay, Generous Paid Time Off (Accumulate 264 hours your first year!)
- Company Sponsored Health Insurance and Dental Insurance, Vision Plan, Supplemental Insurance Offerings
- Employee Assistance Program
- KP&F Retirement and Deferred Compensation Plan
- Opportunity to advance with paid tuition for AEMT or Paramedic Course
- Free CE classes that exceed required hours for certification renewal
- Free ACLS, CPR, and PALS renewal
- Stryker load systems (lift patients with the push of a button)
- Exceptional equipment and trucks
FLSA – non exempt. Starting Step 1 Compensation: EMT – $46,592, AEMT – $50,885, Paramedic – $57,042. Opportunity for a step advancement at 6 months.
- Possess a valid Kansas EMT, AEMT, or Paramedic license.
- Possess a valid Kansas driver’s license.
Work is primarily heavy strenuous physical activity in lifting patients, climbing, crawling, bending, or other necessary actions to find and assist the injured. Conveying and receiving detailed or important instructions to and from other workers and the public is required. Must be able to balance, climb, crouch, feel, grasp, handle, hear, pull, push, reach, stop, stand, talk, see, and walk.
Work performed in this position includes physical effort and exposure to infectious diseases when working as a technician.
Ellis County works to foster diversity and looks forward to applications from all qualified applicants. Ellis County is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. These positions will remain open until filled.
How to Apply: Submit your Ellis County Application with resume attachment online. Ellis County paper applications may also be delivered with your resume to Ellis County KS Administrative Center, C/O Human Resources, 718 Main Street, Hays, KS 67601.
Applicants may direct questions to Danita Schroeder at email@example.com or 785-628-9461. Candidates should be prepared to consent to a criminal check, education verification, motor vehicle record check, drug screening, written test to BEMS certification level and oral interview.
Labeled as: AEMT, EMT, full time, hays, Paramedic