Sheriff Deputy duties will include but not be limited to: Patrolling of Ellis County, Enforcing State and Federal laws, protecting life and property, Traffic Enforcement, Conducting Investigations, Warrant and Civil process service.
A list of additional job duties and requirements can be obtained from the Ellis County Sheriff’s Office, 105 W. 12th St., Hays, KS 67601.
Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center (KLETC) certification is required to apply for this position. Certified law enforcement officers from another state whose basic training requirements meet or exceed the Kansas requirement are eligible to apply. Successful applicant must have a valid driver’s license and will be required to participate in a Police Screening Evaluation & Assessment and in the FHWA 382 county-wide drug-testing program.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Working for Ellis County provides an opportunity to do meaningful work in a stable environment.
- Employer sponsored health and dental insurance + vision plan offerings, employer sponsored life insurance, KP&F retirement-disability-survivor benefits, voluntary deferred compensation plan with employer contributions, 10 paid holidays, longevity bonus and service recognition, and other supplemental plan offerings.
- Flexible paid time off (starting at 168 hours accrued your first year) and Employee assistance plan for work/life support.
- Supportive team environment, training and development offerings, and tuition assistance for approved courses/certifications to assist with career advancement goals.
- Pay Grade 112, Step 1- 19.50/hour, FLSA Status- Non-Exempt
How to Apply: Qualified candidates are invited to apply. Submit your Ellis County application online. Ellis County paper applications may also be delivered or mailed to Ellis County KS Administrative Center, C/O Human Resources, 718 Main Street, Hays, KS 67601.
Ellis County works to foster diversity and looks forward to applications from all qualified applicants. Ellis County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. This position will remain open until filled.