Ellis County is hiring a full-time Maintenance Technician! Facilities Maintenance Technician Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Lead Facilities Maintenance Technician, the general maintenance and repair technician performs semi-skilled and unskilled building maintenance work in the care of the Ellis County Courthouse and related buildings. Work involves general upkeep on building interiors and exteriors, lighting, plumbing and electrical systems as well as ground maintenance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Paints and repairs interior walls;
- Sanitizes and deodorizes bathrooms;
- Maintains paper towels, toilet paper, soap dispensers and other supplies;
- Empties ashtrays and trash cans;
- Vacuums carpets and tiled offices;
- Cleans, wet mops and waxes floors;
- Cleans glass;
- Sets up tables and chairs for special functions and events;
- Mows grass, dumps trash and removes snow in the winter;
- Makes rounds to collect and dump recycled and computer paper;
- Planting and landscaping of grounds;
- Performs minor carpentry work for departments;
- Performs minor elevator repairs;
- Performs some plumbing work;
- Gathers and disposes of bio-hazardous and infectious waste;
- Assists county employees and general public with unrelated custodial problems;
- Serves as on call after hours;
- Works without supervision;
- Serves in charge when department head is absent; and
- Other related duties as deemed necessary or as required.
Minimum Requirements: High School Diploma or GED. Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license. Regular attendance is required. This position will regularly work a Monday – Friday, 5:15 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. schedule. Emergencies such as adverse weather may alter the work schedule or require overtime for this position.
- Working for Ellis County provides an opportunity to do meaningful work in a stable environment. Careers in local government allow you to impact your community in a BIG way!
- Employer sponsored health and dental insurance + vision plan offerings, employer sponsored life insurance, KPERS retirement-disability-life insurance, voluntary deferred compensation plan with employer contributions, 10 paid holidays, longevity bonus and service recognition, and other supplemental plan offerings.
- Flexible paid time off (starting at 168 hours accrued your first year) and employee assistance plan for work/life support.
- Supportive team environment, training and development offerings, and tuition assistance for approved courses/certifications to assist with career advancement goals.
Compensation: FLSA – non-exempt. Pay grade 105, step 1 starting at $15.72/hour with an opportunity for a step advancement at 6 months.
Ellis County works to foster diversity and looks forward to applications from all qualified applicants. Ellis County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. This position will remain open until filled.
How to Apply: View the expanded job description and apply online at: https://www.ellisco.net/jobs.aspx
Ellis County Paper applications may also be delivered or mailed to Ellis County KS Administrative Center, C/O Human Resources, 718 Main Street, Hays, KS 67601
Labeled as: Custodian, groundskeeping, maintenance, repair