The RN position promotes, coordinates and restores patients’ health by completing the nursing process, collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members to achieve the best possible patient outcomes. The Outpatient Nurse will complete procedures including: wound care, woundvac maintenance, IV infusions, blood transfusions and set up/monitor for paracentesis, thoracentesis, PICC line and central line insertions, rheumatology IV infusions and radiology procedures including CT guided biopsies, US guided biopsies, pain management, joint injections and other procedures as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- The RN reviews patient medication records, prepares, administers, and records medications and IVs per hospital policy and industry best practices and standards.
- The RN identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with each patient he/she cares for.
- The RN establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological and spiritual support to patients, family and significant others.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards, measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards. Makes necessary adjustments to care as indicated.
- The RN follows hospital and nursing policies, standards of care set by the board of nursing and the Kansas Nurse Practice Act and other governing agency regulations.
- The RN maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations and calling for assistance from other health care support personnel.
- Resolves patient problems and needs utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping all patient information confidential.
- Follows hospital infection prevention practices to include isolation and hand hygiene per hospital policy.
- This position reviews physician orders and assures that other departments are notified of the orders as indicated.
- The RN keeps the attending and covering physicians informed of any decline/change in a patients condition.
- The RN stays current in his/her practice by attending in-service education programs, other educational meetings and monthly nurses meetings.
- This position provides patient and family instruction regarding the patient’s care throughout hospitalization and upon discharge.
- This position may perform additional duties as requested or required.
KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE
Must be an RN with a current Kansas state license. BLS required. ACLS and nursing experience desired,