Ensure compliance of philosophy, policies, procedures, and goals of the Clara Barton Hospital. Will cross-train to be able to perform work in patient billing, collections, and admissions.
1. Checks to ensure that all necessary information for proper billing is recorded in patient files. Talks to patients as necessary regarding account information
2. Prepare claims to submit to both primary and secondary insurance companies for payment on patient accounts.
3. Keys and transmits claims electronically to Medicare, Medicaid, and NEIC carriers
4. Contacts insurance companies in effort to collect submitted patient claims
5. Resubmits any information required by insurance companies in order to process claims
6. Makes adjustments to the computer classification of claims to most accurately reflect the expected pay source
7. Meets monthly cash collection/AR day goals
8. Attends annual in-services and updates staff development records accordingly
9. Attends ACE meetings as they apply to job and/or mandatory CBH meetings as needed
10. Assists with day end close
11. Responsible to resubmit unpaid claims on aging reports
12. Processes accuracy of insurance payments
13. Performs other tasks as may be assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCY:
Knowledge of basic bookkeeping, general accounting, collecting, and standard office practices and procedures. Ability to type. Graduation from High School or equivalent. Ability to use Internet and process claims as well as the electronic Meditech Systems.