Under the direct supervision of the Director of Radiology and under the general supervision of the Radiologist, performs radiographic procedures, DEXA, CT and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scans to assist in a diagnosis of disease and injuries. The Radiologic/MRI Technologist works effectively with patients and patients’ families and maintains a cooperative relationship with interdepartmental personnel.
1. Performs radiographic, MRI and other imaging procedures as prescribed by a physician.
2. Positions patients for the proper view of the affected area.
3. Instructs patients as to the proper physiological requirements for the procedure.
4. Assists physician in special procedures.
5. Prepares contrast media and administers to patients either intravenously or through other body cavities.
6. Operates portable radiographic equipment for the performance of procedures throughout the hospital, including the Inpatient rooms, surgical area, recovery room and the emergency room.
7. Monitors the operation of the equipment
8. Assesses the patient’s condition prior to administering a contrast media or performing the radiographic procedure.
9. Works within Cerner to maintain the patient record.
10. Ensures that any required consent forms are signed prior to the examination.
11. Actively participates in the quality-assurance monitoring and recording efforts of the department.
12. Prepares all images so they can be read by the Radiologist
13. Schedules patients for exams.
14. Enhances self-growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
15. Office duties, which includes completion of all necessary paperwork.
KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE
Must be a registered Radiologic Technologist or registry eligible, as well as licensed with State of Kansas. MRI certification with ARMRIT or ARRT is preferred.
Apply in person or visit www.clarabartonhospital.com for application instructions and to see more about this and other great opportunities to join the most progressive healthcare facility in the region.