Website CLARA BARTON HOSPITAL
The Admission Clerk is responsible for all incoming calls and greets patients and visitors in a courteous and friendly manner. Registers patients and enters patient information correctly.
1. Answers in a courteous and professional manner all incoming calls and directs accordingly.
2. Registers all patients. and insure they receive identification band with patient information as required.
3. Must gather as much information from patient as possible and follow all rules concerning HIPAA, Medicare, and BCBS.
4. Files all insurance cards and other patient records daily.
5. Counts the money drawer in morning and in evening depending on shift working
6. Responsible for equipment upkeep and calling vendors for maintenance
7. Distributes incoming mail if needed
8. Puts postage on all outgoing mail.
9. Check mail for payments on patient billings that come in.
10. Writes receipts.
11. Puts payment notes on patient accounts.
12. Responsible to ready all outgoing mail
13. Responsible to take mail to Post Office daily as well as deposits to bank daily
14. Assists as time allows with self pay accounts
15. Perform other tasks as may be assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCY:
Admission Clerk experience or background in general office work preferred. Ability to comprehend established office routines and policies. Learns quickly from oral and written instructions. Ability to perform mathematical tasks. Understand the ethics of confidentiality. Good organization skills and good work ethics, with tact and diplomacy. This is a position where the majority of the duties must be performed in a sitting position. Minimal lifting and carrying will be necessary. Ability to learn the Cerner software technology used for inpatient and outpatient admissions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com