Ensure compliance of philosophy, policies, procedures, and goals of the Rural Health Clinic. Performs bookkeeping and accounting for patient billing, collections, and related work.
- Checks to ensure all necessary information for proper billing is recorded in patient charts. Responsible to contact patients as necessary regarding account information
- Prepare claims to submit to both primary and secondary insurance companies for payment on patient accounts.
- Keys and transmits claims electronically to Medicare, Medicaid, and NEIC carriers
- Responsible to contact the insurance companies in effort to collect the submitted patient claims.
- Resubmits any information required by insurance companies in order to process claims.
- Adjusts the computer classification of claims to most accurately reflect the expected pay source
- Meets monthly cash collection/AR day goals
- Attends annual in-services and updates staff development records accordingly.
- May act as backup for insurance verification, collections, and outpatient registration.
- Performs charge audits as directed
- Performs other tasks as may be assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCY:
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping, general accounting, collecting, and standard office practices and procedures
- experience in physician office with coding experience and/or third party or related duties
- and ability to learn patient scheduling, billing system
Equal Opportunity Employer
Labeled as: Hospital Billing