Barton County Feeders in Ellinwood, KS, a subsidiary of Innovative Livestock Services, Inc., is searching for a motivated, professional individual to assist in managing a large cattle feeding operation.
Competitive pay, commensurate with experience
Company paid health, dental & vision insurance for employee
401(k) with company matching
Holiday pay and a great PTO plan
Qualified candidates may apply online at www.ilsbeef.com/jobs.
Summary: Work closely with the location manager to assist in supervising and coordinating activities of workers engaged in the daily operation of feeding and caring for cattle.
- Working knowledge of cattle feeding industry
- Animal husbandry skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to perform basic math functions and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, etc.
- Undergraduate degree or at least 5 years of industry experience
- Working knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, feed yard software, and Internet software
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
Duties and Responsibilities may include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in management of 2 – 3 subordinate supervisors who supervise 5 – 10 non-supervisory employees.
- Shares responsibility for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of animal health, feeding, and maintenance operations
- Direct supervisor responsibilities include; interviewing, hiring, scheduling, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance appraisal, rewarding, and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Examines livestock to determine effectiveness of disease control and collaborates with consulting veterinarian to take corrective action and rectify deficiencies.
- Support, coordinate, and direct low-stress cattle handling; ensure that no animal leaves the facility without meeting applicable withdrawals by maintaining thorough and accurate records.
- Maintain and manage accurate inventory levels of cattle, pharmaceuticals, and feed ingredients.
- Promote a safe and healthy work environment by assisting with regular safety training and coaching.
- Assist with monitoring cattle intakes and assigning daily feed distribution by following guidelines issued by consulting nutritionist.
- This position does require some customer contact at times and will include 20% office time and 80% outside time.