Adams Brown LLC Senior Staff Tax Accountant
The individual in this position prepares tax returns, standard accounting work papers and statements, and other financial reports. Responsibilities also include preparing statistical and account analyses. He/she is familiar with tax and audit standard concepts, practices and procedures. May lead and direct the work of others. Relies on experience and judgment to accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Required Experience and Education
Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or bachelor’s degree with the 150 hour requirement to sit for the CPA exam. Licensed CPA or actively working toward CPA certification. 3-5 years in relevant position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares tax returns and conducts tax research to develop strategies and planning opportunities for clients
- Prepares a variety of detailed accounting and statistical functions relating to tax preparation and auditing
- Supervises and manages audit engagements
- Uses reference materials in researching accounting issues
- Maintains accurate time and expense records to ensure proper billing of clients
- Complies with relevant continuing professional education requirements of the AICPA, State Board of Accountancy, Governmental Accounting Standards, and the firm
- Recommends and assists in the implementation of new or revised accounting systems
- Enhances the firm image by demonstrating “executive presence”. This means instilling confidence in those you meet by manner, spoken and written word and professional appearance
- Works closely with partners, managers and staff to integrate practice development skills into a team approach to client service and new business development
- Maintains strong client service relationships and cross-sell services as appropriate
- Demonstrates knowledge of all technical aspects of the job, including related knowledge of necessary systems and procedures
- Demonstrates advanced technical knowledge effectively through written and verbal communication; seeks to continuously develop communication skills
- Increasingly builds knowledge base on the firm’s industry lines and service offerings
- Promotes the ideas, values, mission and vision of the firm and supports the one-firm concept
- Proactively seeks knowledge, new tasks and responsibilities
- Performs other duties as assigned
Desired Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
- Professional and forward-looking mindset
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of firm and client information
- Effectively communicates verbally as well as short-form, and long-form writing.
- Client service oriented
- Commitment to the profession and the firm
- Continually strives to improve effectiveness through a mindset of lifelong learning
- Ability to apply principles of accounting to analyze and prepare financial information
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate confidence and good judgment when interacting with colleagues, supervisors and clients
- Ability to work well with others
Adams Brown, LLC. promotes a flexible work environment with a deep commitment to technology and modern work arrangements. Our offices are open from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday during tax season and offices close at noon on Fridays outside of tax season. We are closed on major holidays, offer substantial paid-time-off, a comprehensive benefit package, competitive pay structure, and a culture of growth, clarity, and respect.