Finance Department Accountant Job Description
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
This individual compiles and maintains accounts payable and accounts receivable records as well as carries out other accounting functions as directed by the CFO. The individual in this position reports to the Chief Financial Officer. The preferred location for this position is the Great Bend office. However, other Adams Brown offices and remote locations may be considered.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Compiles, sorts and codes invoices for payment. Reviews invoices for proper documentation and reasonableness, researches discrepancies, contacts vendors if necessary, and submits to approver through Bill.com. Prepares payment (either check or ACH) once invoice has final approval.
· Ensures that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner and any reasonable discounts are taken
· Post deposits daily to firm software and maintain accurate bank balances
· Has in-depth knowledge of Time and Billing Systems and provides support to billing secretaries throughout the firm
· Attains an in-depth knowledge of other software programs used by the Finance Department
· Proofs bi-weekly payroll, and prepares bi-weekly payroll if Payroll & Benefits Specialist is absent
· Submits monthly ACH payments from clients through Paytrace
· Assists with accounts receivable by assessing finance charges and communicating with bill managers concerning past due accounts. This person will also send out past due letters and work with our attorney on collection efforts
· Posts activity in related entities
· Manages the employee expense reimbursement system, including but not limited to adding new employees, training our employees on the program, ensuring expense submissions have the proper documentation and paying employees weekly
· Prepares year end 1099s for vendors
· Reviews/forecasts weekly cash flow needs to cover payroll and payables. Provides forecast to CFO and then initiates transfer once approved by CFO.
· Compiles, calculates and submits monthly sales and use tax.
· Other duties may be assigned by the CFO or Finance Department Manager
Desired Skills, Abilities, and Characteristics
· Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients or employees of organization
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages
· Knowledge of general accounting and Microsoft office software preferred
Adams Brown, LLC promotes a flexible work environment with a deep commitment to technology and modern work arrangements. Our offices are open from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday during tax season and offices close at noon on Fridays outside of tax season. We are closed on major holidays, offer substantial paid-time-off, a comprehensive benefit package, competitive pay structure, and a culture of growth, clarity, and respect.
To apply for this job please visit www.adamsbrowncpa.com.