Full-Time Business Development Director
The Great Bend Chamber of Commerce & Economic Development is seeking a Business Development Director to join their dynamic and innovative team. The ideal candidate will be able to draw on local and/or regional connections to build partnerships that advance the Great Bend Community.
The Business Development Director must be a strong communicator, solution-driven and detail oriented. This position is in constant interaction with business leaders, elected officials, and community stakeholders, and serves as a “connector” for new and prospective businesses. A highly collaborative role, this person will work to identify solutions to business requests by gathering data and resources and support.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Support economic development efforts and Great Bend Chamber President on various projects.
- Adopt a professional and knowledgeable approach to each business prospect. Serve as a connector for new businesses by providing local and state resource referrals, consultation and community connections.
- Responsible for communication strategy and community promotion through print publications, email marketing, website, and social media.
- Communication and marketing to Great Bend businesses, chamber members and residents
- Communication and marketing to business prospects.
- Address community workforce issues and create solutions through collaboration with organizations such as KANSASWORKS.
- Specific Programs include CentralKansasJobs.com, Building Bridges with Great Bend High School, Employer Roundtable, and more.
- Take ownership of the management and execution of special events and programs, such as topical seminars and continuing education, roundtables, workforce development, etc.
Support the administrative functions of economic development including data research and analysis, local and state demographic monitoring, database management.
Perform other duties as necessary or identified
- Experience working in a corporate/business focused environment
- Exceptional customer service skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive – detail oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Technical Computer Skills – Ability to master internal membership database (Chamber Master), Proficient in MS Office Suite, experience with Adobe programs a plus but not required
- Flexibility with schedule – the ability to work some evenings and weekends, minimal travel may be required
- Understanding and working knowledge of social media tools
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Bi-lingual applicants encouraged
- Must be able to drive to locations and use personal vehicle for transportation
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibility from time to time, as needed.
How to ApplyResumes, along with a cover letter, should be submitted via email to Erika Brining, email@example.com. This is a replacement position and will be available beginning October 22nd. Interviews will be scheduled as qualified applications are received. This position offers a competitive salary, paid holidays and vacation, retirement matching, and other perks. Health insurance is not provided or available.
1900 total views, 105 today